Maximizing the Value of Renewable Energy Assets
Client Focused Solar Consulting
Megawatt has constructed some of the largest and most complex solar projects in New England.
Megawatt understands the intricacies of State and Federal Incentives and combines this with extensive experience in commercial real estate finance, accounting, property operations and energy finance.
Megawatt is recognized within the region for excellence in system design and engineering.
Recently Completed Projects
|Project Name||Forbes St. Solar Phase II|
|Address||Forbes St. Landfill
East Providence, RI 02915
|DC Size||4057.68KW DC STC|
|AC Size||2990KW AC|
|Inverters||(46) Sungrow SG60KU-M|
|Number of panels (ground)||12296|
|Racking (ground)||Ballasted 20o tilt 2-up portrait
(No ground pentration)
|Project Name||4 Howard Ave Solar
(RI Attorney General)
|Address||4 Howard Ave.
Warwick, RI 02886
|DC Size||100.0KW DC STC|
|AC Size||84KW AC|
|Inverters||(2) Sungrow SG66KU-M
(2) SMA-America SMA30000TL-US-10
(1) SMA-America SMA24000TL-US-10
|Number of panels (roof)||339|
|Racking (roof)||fully attached 6o tilt landscape|
|Project Name||Student Union Solar
(Rhode Island College)
|Address||600 Mt. Pleasant Ave.
Providence, RI 02908
|DC Size||111.6KW DC STC|
|AC Size||100KW AC|
|Number of panels (roof)||310|
|Racking (roof)||ballasted 5o tilt landscape|
Some of the Services We Offer
SOLAR SYSTEM INSTALLATION
Megawatt has extensive PV project installation experience.
In early 2019 we are working on:
- 12.66 MW DC ground mount project in Cranston RI (electrical work only)
- 768KW DC ballasted EPDM (5 degree tilt, flat roof) PV system in New Bedford MA
- 199KW DC sloped trapezoidal metal roof PV system in East Providence, RI
- 19.7KW DC ballasted EPDM (5 degree tilt, flat roof) PV system in North Smithfield, RI
Megawatt recently completed a 4MW ground mounted PV system at the Forbes St. Landfill in East Providence, RI. This system is completed, interconnected and operating since November 2018.
Our in-house electrical engineering team, working in conjunction with third party registered engineering firms, can advise you on the best means and methods for implementing your solar project.
Megawatt has developed projects from concept to interconnection. We have experience working with local authorities having jurisdiction and state environmental agencies to get ground mounted and rooftop PV systems through the local, state and federal approval processes.
Megawatt is licensed general and electrical contractor in the state of RI and we are working towards getting licensed in the state of Massachusetts as well.
Megawatt is also a IBEW Local 99 signatory company. We have access to the best trained and highest quality electricians available.
We can help you understand if Solar is right for you by:
- Understanding your current electricity usage and electrical infrastructure
- Analyzing the building and land area you have available for solar
- Simulate (using either Helioscope or PVSyst) a proposed PV system to understand how much energy the system will produce over its lifetime and what the system will cost to build and own
- Present to you a financial model that considers all of the state and federal incentives available for solar--In some cases multiple models will be produced if multiple incentive programs are available
At Megawatt, we take pride in our customer service and the quality of our design and installation work. We can help you "go solar" today!